Director: Share Registrar
ACCOUNTABLE TO: PLC BOARD VIA THE CHAIRMAN
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
The Director Share Registrar will be responsible to the PLC Board via the Chairman. He/she has the lead developmental and policy role on the Board for the management of the share register, organization of the company AGM and arrangements for long service awards... Working as one of the Directors within the new PLC structure, the individual concerned will take responsibility for supporting the Board and the management team in these areas
This is a voluntary role undertaken initially in a hybrid management role and then subsequently in a non-executive capacity within the new corporate structure being designed and implemented across the PLC and is in addition to the corporate board responsibilities of a PLC Director.
- Share Registrar
- To provide monthly figures to Board and Financial Director on the number of shareholders, new shares issued and overall shareholding.
- To manage Standing Orders in respect to shares and to liaise with the Finance Director in that respect. To balance monthly figures with income via the Financial Director.
- To keep the Share Register up to date including Share purchases, transfers, changes of addresses and probate. To ensure the latter is followed up and satisfactory conclusions reached.
- To issue Gold and Silver Passes as appropriate.
- To maintain the shareholder filing system including application and transfer forms and to periodically update the share register on the PLC computer system. To ensure that there are adequate backup systems and these are regularly checked and maintained.
- To provide reports to the Board from time to time.
- Annual General Meeting
- To be responsible for the organization and coordination of the PLC AGM. To prepare all relevant material for approval, presentation and circulation to shareholders, Board, management team and other participants.
- To ensure that the arrangements for the AGM are progressed and delivered in the most cost-effective way in line with the statutory responsibilities of the PLC.
- To take responsibility for the on day arrangements for the AGM.
- Long Service Awards [LSA]
- To be responsible for the administration of Long Service Awards including liaison with Heads of Department for nominations and with other organizations as required.
- To obtain Board approval to the annual LSA nominations and to organize the on the day arrangements for presentation to nominees.
- To maintain the up-to-date register of LSA recipients.
As a member of the Board, the Director Share Registrar will be expected to fulfil the statutory duties of a PLC Director which include:
Back to Profiles
- To ensure that WSR PLC complies with its governing document, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that WSR PLC pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- To ensure WSR PLC uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: the company must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects or corporate plan, no matter how worthwhile those activities are.
- To contribute actively to the Board's role in giving firm strategic direction to WSR PLC, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of WSR PLC.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of WSR PLC.
- To ensure the financial stability of WSR PLC.
- To protect and manage the property of the company and to ensure the proper investment of the company's funds.