Staff: Committee Secretary
ACCOUNTABLE TO: PLC BOARD VIA THE CHAIRMAN
RESPONSIBLE TO: DIRECTOR GOVERNANCE
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
The Committee Secretary will be responsible for organization and support to agreed Committees and Groups of the PLC. This will include taking minutes of designated Committees [including the Board] or Project Groups. He/she will ensure that minutes are presented in the agreed format and disseminated appropriately as specified by the relevant Committee/Project Group Chairman. In specific instances, the individual concerned will also be responsible for production of agendas and their dissemination with the relevant papers under the guidance of the Committee/Project Group Chairman. This is a voluntary role undertaken within the new corporate structure being designed and implemented across the PLC.
Back to Profiles
- To be responsible for taking minutes at designated Committees or Project Group meetings, obtaining signed off to draft minutes from the responsible Director and disseminating to Committee/Project Group members.
- To produce an Action Log immediately after any given meeting and ensuring dissemination to members. To liaise with the Committee/Project Group Chairman on follow-up with regard to outstanding actions.
- To take responsibility for the availability of venues for meetings and the organization of hospitality arrangements whether internal or external.
- To liaise with the appropriate Committee/Project Group Chairman together with individual members on the production of agendas and papers where required and to ensure circulation to members.
- To maintain a log of attendees at all relevant meetings and to ensure that any information pertaining to the PLC register of interests is made available to the Director Governance in order to update the register.
- To support Committee/Project Group members in terms of access to papers and any other relevant information.