The West Somerset Railway has purchased 4110 as part of its long term strategy to secure a fleet of suitable locomotives to take the West Somerset Railway forward in the 21st Century. As 4110 has not been in steam since 1965, the locomotive will require a considerable amount of restoration work which will cost in the region of £500,000. We therefore would be very grateful for any donations towards this particular project or by purchasing shares in the company. Please see below the benefits awarded to those that support us.
- A donation of £500 will receive a framed picture of 4110.
- A donation of £1,000 will receive a cream tea on the service train, plus a signed copy of Ian Coleby's Railway book "The MineheadBranch".
- A donation of £2,000 will receive 4 Day Rover ticket, Cream Tea on a service train (if shares are purchased to this value a person will receive a Silver Pass which entitles free travel for life plus one other).
- A donation of £4,000 will receive a meal in the Beach Hotel in Minehead, a Cream Tea on a service train (for two people). (If shares are purchased to this value a person would receive a Gold pass which entitles free travel for life plus 3 others).
- A donation of £10,000 will receive 3 visits during the restoration; towards the end of each season a ride in the Inspection Saloon, a meal in the Beach Hotel Minehead, a tour of the workshops at Minehead and a Cream Tea on the way home on a service train (for 2 people). (If shares are purchased to this value a person will receive a Gold Pass which entitles free travel for life plus 3 other people).
To make a donation please contact us on 01643 704996
Copies of appropriate forms are available from our Share Registrar via email at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact our main office on 01643 704996.