Your commitment to us
When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between West Somerset Railway PLC and yourself.
No contract exists between you and West Somerset Railway PLC for the sale of any tickets until we have received and accepted your order and received payment in full. Once cleared funds are received, there is a binding contract between us.
The description and price of tickets you order will be shown on West Somerset Railway PLC website at the time you place your order. Prices are in UK Sterling and inclusive of any applicable taxes there are no surcharges whatsoever. Once you have paid, we will not increase the price of your tickets.
Prices displayed on the site are subject to change without notice. We accept most major credit and debit cards in partnership with our payment gateway.
To ensure that your online shopping experience is secure, your credit / debit card details will be encrypted on a secure server to minimize the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
Limitation of Liability
West Somerset Railway PLC total liability for in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods.
The limitation on any exclusion from liability contained in these conditions shall be subject to the provisions of second 2(1) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
West Somerset Railway PLC will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet and Communication outages, fire, flood, war, act of God or Mechanical Breakdown.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Refunds & Cancellations
Unfortunately we cannot issue any refunds for cancellations.
Once purchased on-line tickets may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. No ticket may be resold. We reserve the right to refuse entry to late arrivals.
Any discounts or offers on-line are available for limited quantities and periods only and shall not be available on bookings made by phone or in person.
Please bring along your email print out.
Prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change without notification.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
- This ticket is issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the West Somerset Railway PLC. Full details are available on request.
- Please check your tickets as mistakes cannot be rectified.
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether a service has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged service. If a service is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from the West Somerset Railway PLC. Please note that we cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of travel.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the West Somerset Railway PLC. The management may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
- A £5 administration fee per booking will be charged for any subsequent booking alteration. No refunds will be given once tickets are issued. The Management cannot be held responsible for any tickets which are lost or stolen. West Somerset Railway PLC reserves the right to cancel ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
- The West Somerset Railway PLC operates a No Smoking policy this includes e-cigarettes.
- The unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment for public use is prohibited.
- The West Somerset Railway PLC accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
- Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as visitors.
- If a service is rescheduled, ticket holders will be offered tickets to the rescheduled service, equivalent to the face value of the ticket. If a service is cancelled, ticket holders will be offered travel on an alternative service (subject to availability) up to the value on the ticket.
- Purchase of a ticket does not guarantee a seat unless otherwise stated.
- All of these terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
- The ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and West Somerset Railway PLC regulations whilst visiting the railway.
- Breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable the railway to refuse to carry you as a passenger.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. We reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
Conditions of Carriage for Bicycles, Perambulators and Animals - Conditions of Carriage - Part 2, Section 4 4.
Additional Conditions applicable to Bicycles, Perambulators and Animals
- Passengers may take with them by train, bicycles, perambulators, push chairs, cats, dogs, or other small and inoffensive animals and birds and such articles as the Company may from time to time permit to be taken on payment of extra charges as applicable and providing the Company has suitable accommodation. These are carried at the company’s discretion and their decision is final.
- Animals are not allowed upon passenger's seating accommodation
- For reasons of hygiene, animals are not allowed in catering vehicles. This condition will not apply to assistance dogs accompanying registered persons..