During this two day event, visitors will travel behind our historic steam and diesel locomotives between all of our 10 stations. This event will center around the historic harbour town of Watchet, where the majority of the events and attractions take place. Washford and Minehead will also be holding various events and displays for visitors to explore.
Throughout the event attractions such as:
- Military train loaded with vehicles to run from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard and back each day where it will be stationed in Minehead's platform each afternoon.
- Intensive service of steam trains taking you between stations.
- Military and civilian vehicles and displays at Minehead, Washford and Watchet.
- Static Spitfire and RAF display at Minehead
- Forties dance on Saturday evening under the Minehead Station canopy (more details to follow).
- A 1940's hair dressing 'pop-up shop' at Minehead before the dance in the evening.
- Land Army, Civilian Life and Home Front displays at both Watchet Station and Watchet Town.
- Uniformed British & American troops who were both stationed in the area during the war.
- Turntable Cafe at Minehead will be open.
- There is also a rumour that Winston Churchill & King George VI will make an appearance.
Tickets for the dance as well as further information will be available nearer to the event.
Further Ticket Options
Enjoy the full two days of the Forties Weekend using the train to travel between stations. We offer a Freedom of the line ticket which is valid for up to 7 days travel on the West Somerset Railway.
The price for this ticket comes in at £35.00 Adult, £17.50 Young Person and £75.00 Family (2 Adults & 2 Young Persons)
This ticket can be found here