During this two day event, visitors will travel behind our historic steam and diesel locomotives between all of our 10 stations. This event will center around the historic harbour town of Watchet, where the majority of the events and attractions take place. Washford and Minehead will also be holding various events and displays for visitors to explore.
Throughout the event attractions such as:
- Military train loaded with vehicles to run from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard and back each day where it will be stationed in Minehead's platform each afternoon.
- Intensive service of steam trains taking you between stations.
- Military and civilian vehicles and displays.
- RAF displays
- Forties dance on Saturday evening under the Minehead Station canopy (more details to follow).
- A 1940's hair dressing 'pop-up shop'
- Land Army, Civilian Life and Home Front displays
- Uniformed British & American troops who were both stationed in the area during the war.
- Turntable Cafe at Minehead will be open.
Tickets for the dance as well as further information will be available nearer to the event.
|Adult One Day Rover 2019||£20.25|
|Family Day Rover 2019||£50.60|
|Senior Citizen Day Rover 2019 (65+)||£19.35|
|Adult Two Day Rover 2019||£39.00|
|Young Person Two Day Rover 2019 (age 3-17)||£19.50|
|Family Two Day Rover 2019||£84.00|
|Young Person One Day Rover 2019||£10.15|
We are about to open the reenactor registration for the West Somerset Railway Forties Weekend 2019 - September 14th -15th.
If you were registered last year you only need to send an email to [email protected] asking for your registration from last year to carry forward (and indication any changes - e,g, to address or contact numbers.
If you are new to event then please complete the registration form and post to Robin Wichard, Yarde Mill House, Yarde, Williton, Somerset, TA4 4HW. To obtain an editable version of the form please email [email protected]
Download the PDF Application form here