Every year volunteers from the West Somerset Railway Association (WSRA) welcome thousands of visitors to our vintage rally at Norton Fitzwarren fields over the first weekend in August.
This year’s event is on 3rd & 4th August 2019.
Here are some of the expected events and attractions at the 2019 Rally.
- The glory of working traction engines, tractors and road rollers.
- Polished perfection of vintage cars, motorcycles, fire engines, buses, military and commercial vehicles.
- Vintage agricultural tractors.
- The power of stationary engines.
- Parades of vehicles.
- Demonstrations of steam engines and tractors at work.
- Heavy horses.
- Brake van rides on the Barnstaple line.
- Beer tent and refreshments.
- Family fun, children's entertainments and model train rides.
- Large craft tent.
- Something for everyone - displays, models, railway art, trade stands, craft marquee and stalls.
- There will be plenty of refreshment and catering outlets around the rally site.
- Car parking is free - entrance is just west of Norton Fitzwarren off the B3227.
- Opening Times: 10am to 5pm (both days)
- The Railway will operate a shuttle train service with trains running from Bishops Lydeard to Norton Platform which is adjacent to the Rally site.
- In addition to the shuttle service, a frequent service of trains will be in operation on the Railway between Bishops Lydeard and Minehead on both days.
- Special parking very close to the Rally is available for those with a valid blue disabled badge which must be displayed - access to this special parking area is off Allerford Lane.
We offer something for all the family including children’s entertainments; heavy horses; crafts and market stalls; railway exhibits; arena parades and a refreshment tent selling local ales & ciders.
Entry to the rally is just £12 for adults, £10 for seniors, and is free for children under 16.
If you would like to visit the Steam Fayre and Vintage Vehicle rally by train, you are able to buy a discounted ticket to travel to the event which also includes your entry fee. Tickets for this cost £30.00 for adults and Seniors and £11.00 for children. This is an online offer only as will not be available on the day.
Along with all normal services for this day we will be providing a DMU service that will leave Minehead for Bishops Lydeard at 08.50am on Saturday and Sunday, stopping at Blue Anchor, Watchet, Williton and Bishops Lydeard. The DMU will then provide FREE shuttles all day between Bishops Lydeard and Norton Fitzwarren. The last service out of Norton Fitzwarren will be 17.25 and will make up our last service of the day from Bishops Lydeard on Saturday.
On Sunday please note that the DMU does not return to Minehead, you will therefore be required catch the DMU shuttle from Norton Fitzwarren to Bishops Lydeard which connects with the last service of the day. The last service of the day will be 16.20.
IT’S A WONDERFUL WAY TO SPEND A DAY!
For more information on the events and to book entry only tickets please go to www.steamrally.org.uk
If you would like combined travel and entry to the Steam Fayre and Vintage Vehicle Rally please book through the book tickets icon on this page.
Please note, Annual Passes, Vouchers and Offers are not valid on these days.
|Adult Travel and Rally Entry||£30.00|
|Young Person Travel and Rally Entry||£11.00|
Bishops Lydeard to Norton Fitzwarren Shuttle times
HOW TO GET TO THE RALLY
Along with all normal services for this day we will be providing a DMU service that will leave Minehead for Bishops Lydeard at 9.00am on Saturday and 9.20am on Sunday, stopping at Blue Anchor, Watchet, Williton and Bishops Lydeard. The DMU will then provide FREE shuttles all day between Bishops Lydeard and Norton Fitzwarren. The last service out of Norton Fitzwarren will be 17.00 and will make up our last service of the day from Bishops Lydeard on Saturday.
Bus number 28 will take you to the station from Taunton,
Bus number 25 (not Sunday) stops near the rally site on the B3227.
Drive to postcode TA4 1BH where you will be directed to free parking at the rally site. There is also designated 'Disabled' parking.